1819 Virginia Avenue Harrisonburg, VA 22802
GET IN TOUCH >
Toll Free: (800) 541-3398
Fax: (540) 432-0074
Hospice: (540) 217-5845
Fax: (540) 217-5843
Partnered with Bridgewater Retirement Community, Sunnyside Retirement Community and VMRC: Three non-profit, faith based organizations serving our community.
Partnered with Bridgewater Retirement Community, Sunnyside Retirement Community and Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community: Three non-profit, faith based organizations serving our community.
What is Hospice?
First Choice defines hospice as a concept of care that focuses on the quality of life of terminally ill patients while providing social, emotional, spiritual and financial support to both the patients and their families.
Hospice is a Medicare Benefit
HOSPICE CARE TEAM
• Knowing that hospice staff are
experts in managing pain and other
• Being able to die in your home
surrounded by your loved ones
• Knowing that Medicare pays for
hospice services to you at no out
of pocket expense to you.
• Knowing your hospice team will
provide ongoing support for your family and loved ones
• Having a team of experts in your corner every step of the way
• Support for your family after you are gone
• Not having to fear facing death alone
• Resources to provide education and advice to help loved ones become competent
WHO CAN RECEIVE HOSPICE?
Any patient who:
- Has a life limiting disease of 6 months or less if the disease were to follow its normal course
- Has a physician who is willing to work with First Choice Hospice
- Wants to concentrate on enhancing the quality of life they have left by focusing on pain and symptom control instead of curative treatment
- Lives in cities of Harrisonburg, Staunton, or Waynesboro or the counties of Rockingham, Augusta, Page or
- Has someone to care for them in their
home and assist with making
Office: 9 am - 4 pm
Anyone can make a hospice
referral by calling